- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
Information we collect
We are the sole owner of the information collected on WAYVS.com. We may collect information from our users in several different ways:
- Comments – In order to enhance their use of WAYVS, users can choose to leave comments on particular articles of interest. Commenters may post anonymously. However, if a third party complains that a comment breaches our Terms of Service (e.g. libels them), we will take whatever action is necessary to resolve the issue, including deleting the comment. If we are required by law to disclose commenters’ contact information, we will attempt to contact commenters to give them the opportunity to respond to such requests. Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.
- Mailing Lists & Service Emails – We may launch a mailing list, in order to provide users with relevant information—breaking news, or weekly or daily round-ups, for example. In order to sign up to receive regular emails from the site’s mailing list, users must submit information including a valid email address and possibly demographic information such as location and interests. This information will be used in aggregate form only in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services, and your personal and contact information will not be passed to any other organization. Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from the site. We may from time to time track user email usage in a continued effort to improve our services. Most of the time, these will be content from the site, but we may occasionally send out an email from a third party sponsor. This will be infrequent, and does not represent an endorsement by us of any products advertised therein. It will clearly be marked as advertising. Since editorial independence is critical to us, you can be sure that we will never send out a sponsored email in the guise of a glowing product review. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, please do not sign up for the mailing list.
- Information Collection – We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit different parts of our site or applications and what selections you make. We may also collect certain technical information such as:
- Device information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site).
- Log information – When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries.
- Mobile-related information if you access our website using your mobile device.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account.
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
- Log Files – Like most standard website servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and offerings and to protect us and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We use aggregated and demographic information to support our advertising needs so we can continue to provide services for free. Your personally identifiable information is never disclosed to these parties, unless you consent.
We, or our advertising networks, may also use cookie, tag, beacon, or other similar technology to serve you relevant advertisements and alert you to our content, even on other sites and services. This technology can also be used to collect and analyze aggregated information about our users. The National Advertising Initiative has more information and an opt-out site maintained here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please keep in mind that the comments sections and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
If we provide you with any mailings or other communication, you can always opt out of that communication.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we would use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- In aggregated form for business purposes. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners such as businesses with whom we have a relationship, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold however no website is entirely secure. You should protect the account information in your possession as well.
Children Under 13
Our site is not directed toward children under 13 and we will not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Services are Located in the United States
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and you are consenting to such processing and storage.