Did you know that every Friday Mark Zuckerberg hosts a weekly Q&A at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, California? Employees can question the Facebook founder about anything, and it’s an excellent communication tool for a company that is expanding and improving at a quick pace.
Next Thursday, November 6, Zuckerberg is bringing this forum to Facebook for the general public. It’s our chance to ask the questions.
Go to the Q&A with Mark Facebook Page and ask your question as a comment on the post. Then, the community can vote on their favorite questions by liking comments. The page was started only two days ago, and it already has over 52 thousand likes.
Here are a few questions we saw:
- How much time do you spend on Facebook yourself on an average day?
- Why did Facebook accept the government’s deal regarding disclosing surveillance requests and did not decide to keep pushing for more transparency like Twitter is doing (even going to court?)
- A lot of journalists I know are concerned about Facebook’s outsized weight in the media world – in terms of traffic that comes from it. Do you think you should hire more journalists to make sure you’re still a simple conduit rather than a gatekeeper?
- When will our Facebook fanpage’s reach come back?
Here are a few of the silly ones:
- What beer were you drinking when you created Facebook. This is a MUST know.
- How many Instagrams are in a kilogram?
- Are you ever tempted to shut it down just for an hour unannounced just to see the social impact?
And the one question we all want an answer to:
When are you going to introduce the DISLIKE button ?
Do you have any questions for Facebook’s famous founder?
top photo by Frederic Legrand / Shutterstock.com