Have you ever found yourself in a predicament where words couldn’t describe your reaction?
Early Monday morning, a magnitude-4.4 earthquake hit L.A. during a KTLA broadcast. Host Chris Schauble turned to the camera with what has to be the best stunned look the Internet has ever seen and said, “Earthquake! We’re having an earthquake!” So we’ve put together the best social situations in which we think Chris Schauble’s #earthquakeface would be an appropriate response.
1. “Honey, we’re out of milk.”
2. “I made failing grades on all my finals this year.”
3. “Jim, I have some bad news. Due to the company’s recent financial troubles, we have to eliminate your department effective immediately.”
4. “Dad, I’d like you to meet my English professor… and my fiancé.”
5. “Sweetheart, I know you and I said we would stop after baby #7, but I guess baby #8 will be our little ‘oopsie’!”
#Earthquakeface became the trending topic throughout the day on Twitter and Facebook. Pretty soon, everyone was getting in on the action.
— Annie Rose Ramos (@Annie_Rose23) March 17, 2014
— WFAA TV (@wfaachannel8) March 17, 2014
— Kirsten Boyd (@Kirsten__Boyd) March 17, 2014
And even spawned a new hashtag: #proctologistvisitface
— SpiritOfHugoChavez (@HugoChavezsSoul) March 17, 2014