Entrepreneur Magazine recently posted an article predicting that Generation “Z”—those born between 1994 and 2010—will be the most ambitious and entrepreneurial generation yet. Why? Let me break down the facts for you:
- Gen ‘Z’ aka “The Internet Generation,” was raised with the Internet and endless online information at their fingertips. Literally!
- As Entrepreneur put it, Gen Z is becoming increasingly focused on being their own bosses. According to a study done by Internships.com, a majority of high school and college students dream of starting their own business.
- Gen Zers are learning, and have been learning, more about entrepreneurial jobs through training programs via the Internet, advances in school, etc.
- Parents are increasingly encouraging their children to gain knowledge and experience outside of school. However, Entrepreneur says that while the parents are involved in their children’s scholastic activities, they are hands off when pushing them toward the professional world, making their kids more independent.
- Gen Z has access to professional mentors at a much younger age than any other generation, thanks to the Internet.
Source: Love Gifs
- Businesses and institutions of higher learning are jumping at the chance to get Gen Z’s “fresh new minds” while they’re hot. This way, these youthful students are trained early on how to basically change the world.
And we thought robots taking over would be scary…
What can those of us in Gen Y and older learn from our younger cohorts? Read the full article from Entrepreneur Magazine.